Friday, July 15, 2011

The Face Place























The summer would not be complete without a major adventure. And that's just what we were after. We headed up to Island Park with the Parkinson Family and saw all of the beautiful things that Yellowstone has to offer...like rain, rain and rain and more rain. Our tent got flooded and we were soaking, but that was just the beginning. We hopped back in the car for the 10 hour drive to South Dakota and the Black Hills.































We saw some amazing things. Mt. Rushmore is somewhere I have always wanted to go, and I finally got to see it in person. We saw it during the day and at night and got to visit Rushmore cave and the Black Hills National Cemetery. We stopped off at Reptile Gardens and watched a guy wrestle an alligator and play with poisonous snakes, and we saw the Crazy Horse monument. We ate at Cruizers Pizza place, 2 nights in a row! It really was that good. Once again, I am so thankful for a camera and lots and lots of fun pictures!