
May I begin by saying...I am NOT a runner! I never have been and I'm sure I never will be, but somehow, I agreed to run the RAGNAR race with Kyle. It's a crazy all-night relay that goes from Logan to Park City. There are 14 people on each team in 2 different vans and you drive all through the night, dropping off runners and picking others up. There are so many people that participate. I was amazed.
Our team was nice enough to give me the shortest leg of the race with only 4 mile runs instead of 7 or ten (there's no way!). I started my first run up at the Liberty Park...everything else seems to be a blur....Eat, try to sleep (ha!) run...and run...and run. We finally got down to the last runner and I was so excited to be done. I think the hardest part for me was not being able to sleep. I can turn into a bear if I don't catch enough z's. At the very end of the race, we all ran in to the finish line with the last runner and got our medals and they had drinks and food for us...and shade! I'm hurting pretty bad, but I'm so proud of what I did. It feels awesome to set a goal and be able to follow through with it.
Our team was "Truck Norris" and we all had awesome Chuck Norris t-shirts and a beard on the truck. Everyone loved it. A huge thanks to my sweet honey for being so supportive and believing in me, even when I didn't believe in myself.