
Simple and Delicious
I decided it was about time for a "me" treat. I don't make those kind of treats very often, because usually no one else likes to eat them, and I end up finishing off the entire batch, dozen, pan...whatever I made.
To start off the truffles, I made ganache. Yes. That deliciously yummy sounding stuff. I had always wondered exactly what is was until a friend explained it to me. Once I knew there were only two ingredients, I wondered why I hadn't made this earlier.
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 bag (12oz) dark chocolate chips.
Cocoa powder
Powdered sugar
Chocolate Sprinkles
Scald the cream in a heavy bottomed pan. Remove from heat and pour in the chocolate chips. Let sit for 1 minute. Mix until combined and the mixture has a glossy texture. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Scoop the chilled mixture by teaspoonfull into one of the toppings and roll to cover.
Keep the truffles in the refrigerator until just before you are ready to serve them as they will get soft when left out at room temperature.