Sunday, November 27, 2011

Haul out the Holly!

PhotobucketWe set up the Christmas tree for Mom and Dad Staheli while they were gone to Texas.  Today I am so thankful for pre-lit Christmas trees.  I remember having to put each tree branch on the "trunk" one by one and fluff them out until they were full.  Now it's as simple as the tree base and three pieces.





We had some of the icicle type lights for outside and there were some patches in them that were out and would not light.  Someone decided to invent a gun that is supposed to help fix the lights and show you what is wrong with them.  Well.  Two hours later with no more lights on than when I started.  Ugh.  Needless to say, there will not be outside lights up, and I will not believe in those "quick fix" light guns either.

I'm learning a little bit more about our camera, small as it is, if I learn how to use it well, I think my pictures will start getting better.  The trick for getting pictures of lights is to hold still!  If you move just a little bit they get all blurry.  Only 28 more days until Christmas!