

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! We set up our Christmas trees today. And yes, it is November. Let me tell you a story.
I LOVE Christmas music. I honestly wouldn’t mind listening to it all year.
Now, right off, I am one of those people that puts up the Christmas tree and all of the decorations BEFORE Thanksgiving.
Yes. That is right. I start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween.
Maybe even sooner – And I’m completely okay with that.
I don’t one bit feel like Thanksgiving is being left out.
I don’t have issues with Christmas being “too commercialized” either.
Christmas is a beautiful time of year. It is what you make it to be.
Have you ever noticed that everything just feels different at Christmastime?
People are thinking about others – serving others.
They are celebrating.
We tell stories of a wonderful man that travels the world Christmas Eve night and delivers gifts to children all around the world.
He is kind and thoughtful.
He has been working all year to share love and happiness with everyone in the world.
We tell the stories of the little babe from Bethlehem who was given gifts by the wise men who traveled from afar.
He is perfect and loving.
He spent his entire life working to save us, to show us how we can become, and to give us eternal happiness.
I think it is sad that people put limits on such wonderful things as that,
Saying that we should only celebrate and feel that way from the last Friday in November until the 26th of December.
They say we are forgetting Thanksgiving, begin ungrateful.
I disagree. Christmastime is one of the things that I am most grateful for.
I love the lights, the smells, the stories, time with family, and the reminder of the birth of my Savior.
All of the things at Christmastime remind me even more of the many things I have to be thankful for.
Thanksgiving wouldn’t be the same to me without Christmas.