Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hyrum Dam






























After another long week of studying fungiform papilli by turning our tongues blue, we need another vacation....just in time. Happy Birthday Mom! We spent the weekend up at Hyrum Dam, listening to General Conference on the boat, loving life, getting sunburned, and fishing! Friday night was the birthday party, I made cupcakes and we went out to dinner at the Beehive Grill in Logan. We watched 17 Miracles that mom got for her birthday and went outside to go to bed only to find that our tent had blown over (air mattress and all) and was just feet away from the dam...that would have been another soggy tent night.

Bright and early the next morning we were out fishing. Kyle caught a fish, dad caught a fish...I just fished. We came in, had breakfast and then Grandpa Parkinson brought his boat over and we went out on the lake. Now I can catch a fish....I thought. Kyle caught a fish, and another fish. Charity caught a fish...Grandpa caught a fish, Nate even caught a fish...Kyle caught a fish, Charity, Grandpa.....I caught some weeds.

After a couple of hours, we went back in and picked up dad. Dad caught a fish...grandpa caught a fish...I could see where this was headed. Maybe I'm bad luck. After a couple more hours, dad said we better get going. We fished a couple more minutes...Grandpa caught a fish! A huge one! I'm doomed.....I go to pull in and surprise...stuck on weeds at the bottom...just my luck. I reel in...and it pulls back...wait a minute here! I reel in some more. Looks like I'm stuck again...and then my line starts swimming away. NO! It's a fish. I fight with it for a bit and then pulled in one bigger than grandpas! Last fish of the day! We saved the two big ones to eat, and I tried to fillet them, but that's another story all in itself.

Kyle and I packed up and headed down to Stahelis for Jake's Homecoming party. Sunday morning we headed down to Grandpa Staheli's for Conference.